Where do you normally live? NormallyReside

You need cover for a:


Are you already travelling? TripType


Visiting more than one Country? TripType


Cover is to start on: ChoseDate

Show Date

And end on:

End Date

You want insurance for: InsuranceFor

Number of Travellers:

Travellers Age(s): NumberofTraveller

Your age

True Traveller Insurance is rated 9.3 out of 10 based on 562 customer reviews.



562 customer reviews on Trustpilot

See Trustpilot reviews


If you’re going to Canada on an IEC Visa, you’ll need travel insurance which satisfies the requirements of the Canadian Immigrations authorities, and which you can extend as well if you need to. True Traveller Insurance has many benefits over some other policies, including:

  1. Medical and Repatriation cover of up to £10m

  2. Cover available for up to 2 years

  3. You can claim whilst you’re still in Canada; no need to wait to return home

  4. You can extend your policy without returning home first

  5. No return ticket is needed

  6. Free Home visits allowed

  7. 90 activities covered as standard

  8. 40 optional activities in the Adventure Pack

  9. You can get insurance even after you’ve arrived

Remember, a condition of your IEC Visa is that you must hold travel insurance for the whole duration of your stay in Canada. If you have a 2 year IEC Visa and arrive with only 12 months cover the immigration officer can amend your visa on the spot to 12 months.

Arriving in Canada with no Travel Insurance at all can invalidate your IEC Visa. Local Provincial Insurance is no substitute for International Travel Insurance as this type of insurance is usually only available to permanent residents of Canada, and in any event doesn’t include medical repatriation.

The True Traveller was originally a travel company, not an insurance company, and although we believe we’ve designed the best value insurance we possibly can, we understand that the price of insurance does put people off taking it out to start with. Our maxim is, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.

To see a copy of the Policy, please click here.

This True Traveller policy is underwritten by Millstream Underwriting Limited on behalf of AWP P&C S.A., Dutch Branch, trading as Allianz Global Assistance Europe. Millstream Underwriting Limited (FCA Firm Ref: 308584) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

AWP P&C S.A., Dutch Branch is registered at the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) No 12000535, Corporate Identification No 33094603 and is duly authorised in France by l’Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution and subject to limited regulation by the FCA. All registrations can be checked on the financial services register at www.fca.org.uk or you can contact them on 0800 111 6768.