We are only able to insure permanent residents of the UK and EEA member states.

Please select your country of permanent residence from the following:

  • United Kingdom
  • Ireland
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czechia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Gibraltar
  • Greece
  • Guernsey
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Isle of Man
  • Italy
  • Jersey
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovak Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden

Who is travelling?


Where do you need cover?


What does mean by this?

  • What does the 14 Day Cooling Off Period mean?

    If you decide for any reason whatsoever that you do not want the insurance after you’ve taken it out, if you contact us in writing within 14 days of taking out the policy and the policy hasn't started nor have you made a claim or intend to make a claim, we will refund your premium in full; no questions asked.

    If you cancel the policy after the 14 Day period has elapsed or have taken out Insurance whilst you are already travelling, no refund of premium is available.

  • What is a Policy Excess?

    This is basically the which will be deducted by the insurer against claims. So, for example, if you lost all your luggage and claimed back £500 and this was approved by the insurer, they would deduct £75 from that claim and you’d receive £425.

    The excess vary depending on which policy you take out, and is clearly displayed when you buy your insurance. You can also take out an Excess Waiver as well, which removes all excesses to zero, with the exception of any air ambulance or helicopter services in Nepal which is required for any respiratory condition where the £750 excess cannot be waived.

  • What does "indemnity value" mean if I need to claim for my baggage?

    Indemnity Value is an insurance term meaning that your belongings are depreciated due to wear, tear and age, which is fairly standard on travel policies. Your belongings are covered for accidental damage, loss or theft, but it doesn't cover the fact your laptop may get a software error and need to be repaired, and it also doesn't cover items which you don’t take care of. So never check in your fancy laptop into the hold on aircraft or buses, and don't leave your belongings in the open and unattended where they may, no will (!), get stolen, as you will find any claim will probably be denied.

    Our claims service has guidelines of the amount of depreciation that will be applied to baggage claims, which you can read by clicking 

  • What does Personal Liability mean, and do I really need it?

    Essentially, this means you are covered for accidental injury, death or illness to another person, or accidental loss or damage to material property. To put this into context, here are two examples of each type.

    You are on an overland tour, and you pick up a pot of boiling water off the camp fire, realise it’s extremely hot and immediate drop it, but in the process of doing so you badly scold other travellers, which result in them becoming hospitalised and missing the rest of the trip. These other travellers will in all probability sue you for damages. That’s why you need cover for accidental injury.

    The other example is that you’ve checked into your hotel in Penang after a day on the beach, and you start running the bath. You then go out onto the balcony to gaze across the sea, have a Gin and Tonic, and slowly doze off to sleep. The bath carries on running, overpowers the overflow, goes all over the floor, seeps over the carpets, then seeps through the floor and damages the room below. The hotel is going to want payment for all the damage, and compensation for the fact that will have to take two rooms out of service whilst the damage is repaired.

    Note the Personal Liability cover will not cover you whilst driving a car, motorbike or any other type of machinery (for example Jet-Ski’s and the likes), as this will be covered by the relevant insurance for that, and nor will if cover you for taking part in any trade, business or profession.

Go Back
Insurance provider

Who runs this Insurance?


Can I buy this Insurance?


Questions when you're travelling.


What does mean by this?


Need to Complain – Find out how


Review on our website


How do I know you pay claims?


Current information about Coronavirus


Can't find what you're looking for?

The True Traveller Team are available between
9am – 6pm Mon – Fri
Call us 0333 999 3140
Or send us an email.
We answer all emails within 24 hours, 365 days a year.

Send Us a message

Why choose True Traveller?

Insured by Allianz
Already Travelling Cover
92 activities as standard
24/7 emergency assistance
Optional baggage cover
One-way travel insurance
Road and gadget cover
Activity and high risk cover

Trusting your insurer

For us, giving service is first, last and everything. We’re delighted to be rated 5/5 by the independent review service, Reviews.io.

Choose your dates of cover?

Our Insurer

Your True Traveller Policy is insured by AWP P&C S.A., trading as Allianz Global Assistance, part of the Allianz Group, one of the world’s largest insurance companies.


According to Forbes Magazine, Allianz is even bigger than Alphabet, the company which owns Google and YouTube, so you’ll be in good hands!

Already Travelling – No Problem

If you’ve already started travelling, and you previous insurance has run out, or you simply forgot before you left to take out travel insurance, you can simply apply online and get cover immediately.

Do however note, if you have already lost an item of baggage, have already seen a medical professional or are feeling ill or have been injured and about to see a medical professional, then we can’t help. Insurance is there to assist you in the event that something may happen, not for things which have already happened.

92 Activities as standard

Your Traveller Policy includes 92 activities as standard, which includes Bungee Jumping, Horse Riding, Safari Touring, Scuba diving to 18M and lots more activities you may end up partaking in on your trip. We even include non-manual work if you’re on a Working Holiday, and include bar and restaurant work as well.

We have our Adventure, Extreme and Ultimate Activity Packs you can select when you apply for your Insurance with us, which covers even more activities, to even include Rock Climbing, Trekking to unlimited altitudes as well as light manual labour again if you’re on a Working Holiday.

24/7 Medical Assistance Service

If you have an accident on your trip and end up in Hospital, we have a team at CEGA Assistance who have multi-lingual staff and medical professionals on duty, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can call them from overseas on +44 20 7660 1505, or if you’re in the USA or Canada, you can also call toll free on 1 800 961 9870.

They will be able to assist you and get your medical bills paid, and in cases where it’s medically necessary, arrange to fly you back home for further medical attention.

Choose your Activity Pack

The Traveller Pack is included as standard on all our policies. However you can upgrade to more adventurous activities to ensure you are covered when undertaking these activities. If there’s an activity not listed, just contact us and we will see if we can get it included for you.

Traveller Pack
Abseiling Aerobics
Archery Athletics
Badminton Ballet
Banana Boating Baseball
Basketball Black Water Rafting (grades 1-3)
Bowls Bungee Jumping (2 jumps)
Camel riding (day tour) Canoeing (inland/ coastal – grades 1-3)
Caving (sightseeing/ tourist attraction) Recreational Visit only Cheerleading
Clay pigeon shooting Cricket
Croquet Cruising (Cruise Ship)
Curling Cycling (incidental to the trip)
Cycling (on an organised tour) Dodge Ball
Dragon Boating (inland/ coastal waters) Dune Bashing
Walking with Elephants (Riding Elephants not covered) Field Hockey
Fitness Training Fishing (inland/ coastal waters) - Sports/ Leisure fishing only – no commercial or rock fishing
Floorball Flying (as a fare paying passenger in a licenced scheduled or chartered aircraft or helicopter)
Football (Soccer) Go Karting
Golf Gymnastics
Horse riding (leisure/ social/ non-competitive) - No racing/ jumping Hot Air ballooning
Ice skating (indoor) Ice skating (outdoor) on a commercially managed rink
Jet boating (inland/ coastal waters) Jet skiing (inland/ coastal – grades 1-3)
Kayaking (inland/ coastal – grades 1-3) Kite boarding (on land or water)
Lacrosse Martial Arts training (non-contact)
Motorcycling (on road under 125cc) (1) – No Motorcycle Touring Netball
Non Manual/ Clerical Work (2) Orienteering
Outdoor endurance courses up to 3 miles Outward Bound Pursuits
Paint Balling/ Airsoft Parachuting (1 jump)
Parasailing/ Parascending (Over water) Racquetball
Rifle range/ Sports shooting River Boarding/ Hydro Speeding (grades 1-3)
Roller Skating/ Rollerblading Rounders
Rowing/ Sculling (inland/ coastal waters – no white water) Running/ Jogging (up to half marathon distance)
Safari Travel Sandboarding/ Sand Skiing
Sailing (inland/ coastal waters) Scuba Diving (up to 18 metres in depth)
Segway Tours (Helmet must be worn) Skateboarding (ramp, half pipe, skate park, street)
Snorkeling Snowshoeing (Flat Terrain)
Softball Speed Boating (inland/ coastal waters – no white water)
Squash Stand up Paddle Surfing/ Paddle Boarding
Surfing Swimming (pool; enclosed, inland/ coastal waters)
Swimming with Dolphins/ Whales/ Whale Sharks Table Tennis
Tandem Skydive (1 jump) Tennis
Trampolining Trekking up to 3,000 metres
Triathlon up to Sprint Distance Tubing on rivers (grades 1-2)
Ultimate Frisbee Volleyball
Wall Climbing (Man-made Climbing Walls) – No soloing Water Polo
White Water Rafting (grades 1-3) Windsurfing (inland/ coastal)
Yoga Zip Lining
Adventure Pack
Aerial Safari Bicycle Polo
Black Water Rafting (grades 4-5) Bouldering – No soloing
Boxing (training only) Bungee Jumping (3 or more jumps)
Camel Trekking (overnight/ main mode of transport) Canyon Swinging
Canyoning Canoeing (inland/coastal – grades 4-5)
Dirt Boarding Dogsledding (on recognised trails)
Fencing Fishing (outside coastal waters/ deep sea) – Sport/ Leisure Fishing only
Fly By Wire Glacier Walking
Horse riding (overnight/main mode of transport) Kayaking (inland/coastal – grades 4-5)
Kite Buggy Land Surfing
Marathons Martial Arts - Judo/ Karate /Jiu-Jitsu only (training only)
Motorcycling (on road over 125cc) (3) – No Motorcycle Touring Mountain Biking (off road/ cross country)
Outdoor endurance courses up to 8 miles Outrigger canoeing (inland/ coastal waters)
Quad Biking (Helmet must be worn) Permitted Manual Work (4)
Rock Climbing (outdoor/ traditional/ sport climbing/ bolted/ aid climbing) – No soloing/ Sea Cliff/ Ice Climbing/ Big wall climbing Roller Hockey
Sailing (outside coastal waters) Scuba Diving (up to 40 metres in depth)
Shark Cage Diving Spearfishing
Trekking up to 4,600 metres Trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro (5)
Triathlon to Middle Distance /Half Ironman Via Ferrata
Volunteering (6) Water Skiing/ Wakeboarding/ Wake Skating (No jumping)
White Water Rafting (grades 4-5) Zorbing
Extreme Pack
American Football Australian Rules Football (AFL)
Caving / Potholing (as part of a group, not ice; known routes only) Cycle Racing/ Time Trial
Cycling - BMX Flying (as pilot or passenger of a private light aircraft) - No Stunt/ Aerobatics or Commercial flying.
Gaelic Football Gliding
Horse Riding (Equestrian, Dressage, Show Jumping, Eventing) Kite Wing (land, water only)
Motorcycling/Trail Biking (off-road under 250cc) (7) – No Motorcycle Touring Mountain Biking (using downhill trails and/or mechanical lifts)
Outdoor endurance courses up to 13 miles Ranching and Ranch activities
Roller Derby Rugby (League/ Union)
Scuba Diving (up to 50 metres in depth) Tandem Paragliding (1 flight)
Trapeze/ High Wire/ Aerial Silks Trekking over 4,600 metres (except Mt. Kilimanjaro - see Adventure activity pack) (8)
Water Skiing (Barefoot)
Ultimate Pack
Climbing (Ice) – No soloing. Hang Gliding
Mountaineering to 6,000M – No cover for free mountaineering, climbing in remote of inaccessible regions, exploratory expeditions or new routes. Parachuting – More than 1 Jump
Paragliding/Parapenting Parasailing/Parascending
Polo/Polocrosse Sea Cliff Climbing – No soloing
Powerbocking Skydiving/Tandem Skydiving – More than 1 Jump
Triathlon to Full Distance /Ironman Ultramarathon – Max distance 250km /No Polar Cover

(1) Note you must have the correct licence in your Country of Residence to drive a motorcycle or cover is not available. If you are from the UK, you are only covered if you have either a full Motorcycle Licence, or in the absence of that you have taken a Compulsory basic training (CBT) course in the past two years. A helmet must be worn when riding a motorbike.

(2) Non Manual/Clerical Work means professional, clerical or administrative work or working as a classroom teacher, classroom assistant, au pair, child-minder, bar and restaurant work.

(3) Note you must have the correct motorbike licence in your Country of Residence to drive a motorcycle or cover is not available. A helmet must be worn when riding a motorbike.

(4) Permitted Manual Work means general farm work and fruit picking. This includes driving tractors and other similar farm vehicles so long as you comply with any appropriate license requirements; doctor, nurse, midwife and care work (including medical elective trips but not dental elective); light building and DIY e.g. painting, decorating or basic construction work using light power tools only. Permitted Manual Work is not covered if it involves the use of plant/trade/industrial machinery, non-domestic power tools or working at a height of over 2 metres.

(5) Note Mt. Kilimanjaro is included within the Adventure pack, even though the summit, Uhuru Peak, is at an altitude of 5,895 metres, due to the level of claims experience. For all other treks over 4,600 metres, the Extreme activity pack must be selected.

(6) Volunteering means your participation in community or wildlife based conservation/project work when arranged by a professional organisation. This may include caring, teaching or nursing. It may also cover community/charity based supervised building/renovation projects or other Permitted Manual Work, provided the activity does not involve the use of plant/trade/industrial/agricultural machinery (other than tractors), non-domestic power tools or working at a height of over 2 metres.

(7) Note you must have the correct motorbike licence in your Country of Residence to drive a motorcycle or cover is not available. A helmet must be worn when riding a motorbike.

(8) Trekking over 4,600 metres exclude rock climbing at altitude. This is covered by Mountaineering in the Ultimate Pack. However, trekking will include peaks such as Mera Peak and Island Peak in Nepal, as these are treks and no mountaineering skills are required for these summits.

Please Note: The above list of activities is subject to the full policy terms and conditions which we suggest you read to ensure you are happy with the cover you elect to arrange.

Are you already travelling?

Can I take out this Insurance if I’m already abroad?

If you are normally a resident of the UK or an EEA Country and your insurance has run out, you may take out cover online with us for Single Trip policies. This is on the understanding that nothing has occurred at the time of taking out the cover which has led to a claim or may lead to a potential claim. Obviously, this insurance will not pay for your belongings if you’ve already lost them, medical bills if you’ve already incurred them or any other events known to exist at the time of arranging cover which might give rise to a subsequent claim. Note, purely as an anti-fraud measure, there is no cover in the first 48 hours after you’ve taken out your policy, except of course in the case where you suffer an injury as a result of an accident.

Please note if you are already travelling, you MUST select this option otherwise your Policy is not valid.

If I take out Insurance and get ill, where will I get repatriated to?

In the unlikely event of this happening, you will be repatriated back to your home country as long as the appropriate geographic premium has been paid and it has been agreed by the 24 hour Emergency Medical Assistance Service.

Please Note: The above FAQ’s are subject to the full policy terms and conditions which we suggest you read to ensure you are happy with the cover you elect to arrange.

Where do you normally live?

Please select one of the options of your Country of Permanent Residence. Please note we can only insure people who are permanent residents of the UK or another country in the EEA.

Your Country of Permanent Residence is the country where you:

Please note, for British passport holders who have been travelling, living or working outside of the UK for more than 5 years consecutively, you are no longer entitled to NHS treatment, and so regrettably are not eligible for insurance with True Traveller. Those who hold private healthcare, may still be eligible.

Note if you have recently been travelling, we do not have any minimum residency requirements. This means, for example, if you are a British Passport holder and have right of abode in the UK, we are not concerned as to how many months in the past year you have been in the UK provided at the time of arranging this insurance you fulfil all the requirements as set out above.

Start and End Dates

The Start Date is the date you leave your home to start your trip, or the date you want cover to start if you're already travelling.

The End Date is the date you expect to return home, or the date you expect to reach your destination if you need one-way cover.

Travellers Ages

Please enter your age that you are today. For infants aged under 1, please enter 0 as the age.

Travelling To Caution

Please select where you are travelling to.

Residence Caution

Please choose your country of residence.

Blank Age Caution

Please enter your age.

Blank Age Caution

Please add the age textbox through spinner plus sign to enter traveller age.

Min Age Zero Caution

Age cannot be zero.

Caution - Age Check

You have entered the ages of all travellers as below 18 years of age. If this is a mistake please go back and correct this error so you can complete your application.

If the ages should all be under 18 years, please note to enter any sort of financial contract the individual purchasing the insurance must be 18 years of age or older.

By continuing, you are confirming that you a parent or legal guardian on behalf of the child to be insured.

Already travelling Caution

Please check already travelling checkbox.

Important Notice

We can offer travel insurance for you if you've left home and already travelling but only on the strict understanding that nothing has already happened which has led to a claim or may lead to a potential claim.

This means, for example, that if you have already lost an item of baggage, have already seen a medical professional or are feeling ill or have been injured and about to see a medical professional, then this policy will not pay for any part of any claim, and any claim attempted in such situations may be treated as fraud, which is a criminal offence.

To prevent fraudulent claims, cover will not commence until 48 hours after the policy has been purchased, and any illness or injury occurring in this waiting period will be considered a pre-existing condition and will not be covered. However, should you suffer a serious injury in an accident in this 48-hour period, which is verifiable by an Independent Witness, then you will be covered from the date cover commenced.

Note there is no 14-day cooling off period when already travelling overseas so no refund of premium will be made in the event you cancel the policy.

Maximum duration Caution

Sorry, the maximum length of a policy you can have is limited to 366 days if you are 50 years or age or more. Please amend your End date to  in order to get a quote.

Please amend your end date accordingly, and remember it's always possible to extend cover with us even if you're still travelling at the end of this period.

Trip Type Maximum duration Caution

Sorry, the maximum length of a policy you can have is limited to 548 days (18 months). Please amend your End date to  in order to get a quote.

Please amend your end date accordingly, and remember it’s always possible to extend cover with us even if you’re still travelling at the end of this period.

Note: If you need 2 years cover, please change your destination to Worldwide including USA & Canada.

World Wide Trip Maximum duration Caution

Sorry, the maximum length of a policy you can have is limited to 731 days (24 months). Please amend your End date to  in order to get a quote.

Please amend your end date accordingly, and remember it’s always possible to extend cover with us even if you’re still travelling at the end of this period.

Maximum Advance Booking Caution

Sorry, you can only start a policy with a commencement date up to 364 days from today’s date, so please amend your start date.


Sorry, but since the majority of our insurances are for adventurous activities or for backpackers, the maximum age we are able to insure to is 65, as for our sort of business mix we’re unable to get rates from Underwriters for ages above this.

For residents of the UK, we recommend you telephone International Travel and Healthcare on Freephone 0800 848 8448 as they can insure persons aged 66 and above. You can also get an online quote by clicking here.

International Travel and Healthcare is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 433367).

Start Date Caution

Please select the travelling start date.

End Date Caution

Please select the travelling end date.

Important Notice

We have detected that you are using a computer which doesn't appear to be located in your Country of Permanent Residence.

Please be aware that you must choose the "Already Travelling" option on this page to ensure your policy is valid. Without the Already Travelling endorsement shown on your Policy, the policy is simply not valid and claims may be declined.

You may of course be purchasing this insurance for someone else, or you may be using a Corporate Internet routing through another country which we cannot detect, so if that is the case then please contact The True Traveller by telephone where one of our operators will be pleased to assist.

Start Date Caution

The start date of your insurance is in the past. Please correct the start date.

Cover for Coronavirus

All new True Traveller policies now include medical, cancellation and curtailment cover for Coronavirus, subject to there being no Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) travel warning for Coronavirus for the country or area you are travelling to.

The FCDO list all countries on their Travel Advice page. Just select the Country you are travelling to, and if there is an “all but essential travel warning for COVID-19” shown at the top of the summary, this means your True Traveller policy has no cover for Coronavirus but will provide you with medical cover in relation to any other sudden unexpected illness or accident, as well as cancellation and curtailment cover for an event unrelated to Coronavirus.

For further information about the Coronavirus and your True Traveller policy, please click here.

Automatically Covered Pre-existing Medical Conditions

If you have any of the pre-existing medical conditions listed below you are automatically covered on this insurance and you do not need to declare any of these conditions.

Provided the following requirement is met, the list of automatically covered medical conditions are:

Note your travel insurance will not pay for any medication or treatment which may be required to be continued during your trip to control any of these Automatically Accepted Pre-Existing Medical Conditions, for example the costs of Inhalers if you suffer from Asthma, or the cost of your regular check-ups you may need to have to monitor Diabetes. However, your travel insurance will cover the cost of any emergency medical treatment which may be required because of a change in your condition.

Allergies limited to Rhinitis, Chronic Sinusitis, Eczema, Food Intolerance and Hay Fever
Arthritis (the affected person must be able to walk independently at home without the use of mobility aids)
Asthma, providing that you:
  • have no other lung disease
Bell's Palsy
Benign Positional Vertigo
Breast Cancer/Prostate Cancer provided you:
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Coeliac Disease
Congenital Blindness
Congenital Deafness
Cystitis (providing there is no ongoing treatment)
Diabetes Mellitus and/or Diabetes (Type 1)*, providing that you:
Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2), providing that you:
Dry Eye Syndrome
Enlarged Prostate (benign only)
Essential Tremor
Folate Deficiency
Gastric Reflux
Hiatus Hernia
If you suffer from more than one of the following three conditions, you must complete the online medical screening and declare all conditions.
Hypercholesterolaemia (High Cholesterol)*, provided that you do not also suffer from a known Cardiovascular Disease and/or Diabetes
Hyperlipidaemia (High Blood Lipids)*, provided that you do not also suffer from a known Cardiovascular Disease and/or Diabetes
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)*, provided that you do not also suffer from a known Cardiovascular Disease and/or Diabetes
Insulin Resistance
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Ligament or tendon injury (provided you are not currently being treated).
Macular Degeneration
Meniere's Disease
Nocturnal Cramps
Pernicious Anaemia
Plantar Fasciitis
Raynaud's Disease
Sleep Apnoea
Sinusitis (providing there is no ongoing treatment)
Solar Keratosis
Trigeminal Neuralgia
Trigger Finger
Underactive Thyroid (Hypothyroidism)
Varicose veins in the legs
Vitamin B12 Deficiency

*Diabetes (Type 1), Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia and Hyperlipidaemia are risk factors for Cardiovascular Disease. If you have a history of Cardiovascular Disease and it’s a pre-existing medical condition, then you must declare these conditions online.


The policy definition of an Immediate Relative is Mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, daughter, son, grandparent, grandchild, parent-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, step-parent, step-child, step-brother or step-sister.

Depreciation Guide

The following is the guide our claims handlers use on settling claims for lost, stolen or damaged articles:

Item & Depreciation Guide
Bags/suitcases,"High street” jewellery, items containing semi-precious metals or stones, cosmetic jewellery such as cubic zirconia and "everyday" watches and any other miscellaneous items.
Age of item(s) Depreciation Level
0 - 12 months 0%
1 - 2 Years 10%
2 - 3 Years 20%
3 - 4 Years 30%
4 - 5 Years 40%
Then an additional 10% for each year. Over 11 years old the depreciation level is 100%
Age of item(s) Depreciation Level
0 - 12 months 0%
1 - 2 Years 10%
2 - 3 Years 30%
3 - 4 Years 50%
4 - 5 Years 70%
Over 5 Years 100%
Ski Equipment
Age of item(s) Depreciation Level
0 - 12 months 0%
1 - 2 Years 25%
2 - 3 Years 50%
3 - 4 Years 75%
Over 4 Years 100%
Age of item(s) Depreciation Level
0 - 6 months 0%
6 - 12 months 50%
Over 12 months 100%
Electrical valuables e.g. Laptops, Tablets, Computers, Kindles, Mobile Phones & Cameras
Age of item(s) Depreciation Level
0 - 12 months 0%
1 - 2 Years 25%
2 - 3 Years 50%
3 - 4 Years 65%
4 - 5 Years 80%
Over 5 Years 100%
Quality Jewellery (18ct and 22ct gold, diamonds, sapphires, rubies etc) and watches such as Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc.
No Deduction made
Pro-Rata Replacement Costs

So, if your camera cost you £250 and it’s under a year old (and you have relevant receipts for it, or other proof of ownership), you can claim for £250 (less any excess unless you have the excess waiver). If, however, it’s between two to three years old, you’ll only be able to claim £125 (as there’s a 50% deduction for wear and tear), but if it’s over five years old, any claim would fail.